The Monthly Wish: December 2021
on Dec 1, 2021
Your generosity powers our mission, so we’re making sure we use your gifts wisely. Here’s a wish list of items for our shelters, updated monthly so you can see what we need most and where you can make the biggest impact.
What’s new this month?
Always be prepared for the worst when it comes to Wisconsin winters! Please help our guests stay warm with long underwear adding an extra layer to staying warm for the harshest of months.
As the winter comes rolling in gloves is another necessity for our most vulnerable on the streets for the night or when running all day in the cold.
Keep reading for our December list...
We have an urgent and ongoing need for these items:
- 30 gallon-black garbage bags
- Men's and women's deodorant
- Laundry detergent pods
- Toilet paper
We especially need these items right now:
- Men's Underwear
- Women's Underwear
- Toe Warmers
- Nail Clippers
- Winter boots (adult and kids)
- Footie pajamas
Major impact items we need:
- Unused large freezers (we need 4)
- Unused refrigerator with freezer (we need 2)
- Unused dishwasher (we need 2)
- Unused garbage disposer (we need 1)
We don’t need any of these items right now:
- Clorox/sanitizing wipes
- Paper towels
- Dishwasher detergent pods
Items we, unfortunately, cannot ever accept:
- Food donations
- Knitted hats, gloves, etc.
- Children's toys
- Items that need to be picked up
- Clothing (Exceptions: Underwear, bras, and sweatpants)
- Community partners that accept clothing:
- Hope Center
- St. Vincent DePaul
We are so grateful for all of our friends and supporters who make our shelters a better place for our guests!
Your kindness changes lives. Please consider donating a one-time or monthly gift.