The Monthly Wish: January 2022
on Jan 1, 2022
Your generosity powers our mission, so we’re making sure we use your gifts wisely. Here’s a wish list of items for our shelters, updated monthly so you can see what we need most and where you can make the biggest impact.
We would also like to give a quick shout-out to Meijer on Sunset Dr. in Waukesha for contributing $5,000 in December and the office would like to mention the cookies were great as well :) Thank you, Meijer!
What’s New This Month?
13 and 30-Gallon Black Garbage Bags:
Happy New Year! Let's kick off the new year with garbage bag liners! 30-gallon black garbage bags and 13-gallon kitchen garbage liners are fine in white.
Coffee filters are a constant need in our shelters and especially so during the winter months when even more guests are coming in from the chilly outdoors needing something to warm them up.
Keep Reading for our January List...
We have an urgent and ongoing need for these items:
- 13-gallon garbage bags
- 30-gallon black garbage bags
- Men's and women's deodorant
- Laundry detergent pods
- Toilet paper
We especially need these items right now:
- Men's/Women's Underwear and Long Underwear
- Adult Winter Gloves
- Toe and Hand Warmers
- Rain Ponchos
- Nail Clippers
- Parchment Paper
- Flower Pots
Major impact items we need:
- Unused large freezers (we need 4)
- Unused refrigerator with freezer (we need 2)
- Unused dishwasher (we need 2)
- Unused garbage disposer (we need 1)
We don’t need any of these items right now:
- Clorox/sanitizing wipes
- Paper towels
- Dishwasher detergent pods
Items we, unfortunately, cannot ever accept:
- Food donations
- Knitted hats, gloves, etc.
- Children's toys
- Items that need to be picked up
- Clothing (Exceptions: Underwear, bras, and sweatpants)
- Community partners that accept clothing:
- Hope Center
- St. Vincent DePaul
We are so grateful for all of our friends and supporters who make our shelters a better place for our guests!
Your kindness changes lives. Please consider donating a one-time or monthly gift.